Category: Child Support

I Got a Job Making Less Money. Can I Have My Child Support Lowered?

Divorced or separated parents usually have a court order in effect for child support. The non-custodial parent pays a certain amount of money per week or bi-weekly. Sometimes a parent’s circumstances will change, and that person will want to change the amount of support that he or she pays. For example, the non-custodial parent may… Read more>>

How can child support be enforced by my ex?

Your ex has gotten a child support court order against you. That is the first step for getting child support payments. However, that court order does not force you to make the payments. If you are not willing to make payments, your ex can take legal steps to enforce the order. Wage Assignment If you… Read more>>

5 things to know about Department of Child Support Services

Child support services does more than collect payment for minor children. It also assists in other family-related matters such as establishing paternity for children. Here are five things to know about the Department of Child Support Services. The Department of Child Support Services can help men establish paternity for their children. If the child’s paternity… Read more>>

From offices in Seal Beach, the Law Office of Ann A. Thomson serves clients throughout Southern California in communities such as Seal Beach, Santa Ana, Brea, Yorba Linda, Fullerton, Corona Del Mar, Costa Mesa, Newport Beach, Irvine, Laguna Beach, Dana Point, Mission Viejo, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Anaheim, Fountain Valley, Garden Grove, Long Beach, Huntington Beach, Norwalk, Torrance, Rancho Palos Verdes and Los Angeles.